• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM [SOLVED] Surface following view weirdly

J

James Cross

I'm using a surface that is set up to be as big as the view and follow it, however, the shadows (which are being drawn to the surface) are changing their position relative to the direction the player is moving.

https://gyazo.com/f02f341cfea9a704a557275af9a541a3

If you could give me any solutions to make this look better I would massively appreciate it. Thanks :).

O

orSQUADstra

The problem here must be that the shadows gets drawn onto the surface after the surface has already been drawn. Because of that, the shadow actually displays it's state from the previous frame.

Just make sure to draw the surface after everything else has been drawn onto it.

J

James Cross

The problem here must be that the shadows gets drawn onto the surface after the surface has already been drawn. Because of that, the shadow actually displays it's state from the previous frame.

Just make sure to draw the surface after everything else has been drawn onto it.
Thanks for the quick reply. This works! If anyone else scrolling through has this problem I just changed the Draw events of where I'm drawing the shadows to a Draw Begin event. I also realised that changing where the surface is being drawn to a Draw End event will cause the shadows to be drawn on top of everything (which you probably don't want) otherwise, that would be easier. Thanks, orSQUADstra.