• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [SOLVED] - Struggling to Import Tutorials Into a Project

frootloop69

Hi all,
Apologies if I've posted this to the wrong place.
I've just downloaded the space rocks tutorial from the market place (both DnD and GML versions.
I go to Tools-->Import Local Package and select the yymp file.
Under package resources, all I can see is one room - Room0. There are no other resources visible.
Importing to an existing project, or to a new project, the room is the onl;y resource imported.
I'm running IDE 2.3.1.542

Not sure if I'm just doing something dumb, or missing something in the process?

Thanks!

frootloop69

So it looks like the problem was me not understanding how to use tutorials. Summed up best by the response I got from Yoyo support - thank you!. Pasting below just in case anyone else has the same issue:
"If you got these packages from the Marketplace, then they are not local packages and you should use the Start Page's Tutorials page (which is the correct place to download and manage our tutorials anyway) or IDE -->Marketplace--->My Library as you mention, so I am glad to hear that works correctly.

Because these are tutorials, the only asset in them legitimately is the room0 - the importing tool will show the actual tutorial page files, but these are of course not valid GMS2 assets. If you don't actually want to follow the tutorial, then I suspect you needed to download the Demo page version of the completed Arena Shooter DND tutorial and instead, as this would have all the assets pre-made and it won't contain all the tutorial pages, etc. Again, really you should do this via the Demos page on the Start Page anyway. "