Mac OSX [SOLVED] String Literal Issues: Missing Glyph at Line Breaks

W

Wretched.Dunce

I'm going through the Space Rocks tutorial and I've run into an issue with line breaks in literal strings. I'm creating the start up menu text using:
Code:
@" score 1,000 points to win!

UP: move
...etc."
However, upon running the game, at the beginning of each new line theres the missing glyph unicode character 9647 (▯). The line breaks still work, but I don't know what the missing character is or how to remove it. I think the string might be trying to insert a "new line" character that the font doesn't support, but I'm not sure.

Along with this, the game also isn't following the "draw_set_halign(fa_left)" line I've written.
Thank you for the help.

The Tutorial:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
That must be the character - you can either unindent those lines or add range 9-9 to your font

W

Wretched.Dunce

That must be the character - you can either unindent those lines or add range 9-9 to your font
You were right! I edited the range those characters are gone now, thank you. But, the text still isn't properly aligned.*

Edit: I figured it out, I made it draw-set_halign(fa_center) and that centered the text. Do you know why the tutorial would say to make it fa_left? Just a mistake? Thank you again for your help!

Edit 2: NVM figured that out too. didn't see the top line of code to center the text and didn't realize the fa_left was just reseting the text alignment xP

Last edited by a moderator: