Mac OSX [SOLVED] String Literal Issues: Missing Glyph at Line Breaks

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Wretched.Dunce, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Wretched.Dunce

Wretched.Dunce Member

I'm going through the Space Rocks tutorial and I've run into an issue with line breaks in literal strings. I'm creating the start up menu text using:
    Code:
    @" score 1,000 points to win!

UP: move
    ...etc."
    However, upon running the game, at the beginning of each new line theres the missing glyph unicode character 9647 (▯). The line breaks still work, but I don't know what the missing character is or how to remove it. I think the string might be trying to insert a "new line" character that the font doesn't support, but I'm not sure.

Along with this, the game also isn't following the "draw_set_halign(fa_left)" line I've written.
    Thank you for the help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Tutorial:
    [​IMG]

2. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

That must be the character - you can either unindent those lines or add range 9-9 to your font

3. Wretched.Dunce

Wretched.Dunce Member

You were right! I edited the range those characters are gone now, thank you. But, the text still isn't properly aligned.*

Edit: I figured it out, I made it draw-set_halign(fa_center) and that centered the text. Do you know why the tutorial would say to make it fa_left? Just a mistake? Thank you again for your help!

Edit 2: NVM figured that out too. didn't see the top line of code to center the text and didn't realize the fa_left was just reseting the text alignment xP

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019