GML [SOLVED] Stretch background color to fill black bars

AcrobatEpee

Hello, I am making a mobile game in which black bars appear at the top when aspect ratio of the phone isn't Matching the one of the game. All my "important content" shows correctly so I Don't need to fullscreen anything, I am just looking for a way to fill the black bars with the background color, do you guys know how to achieve that ? Thanks in advance

AcrobatEpee

Window color? I know there's an option in Global Game Settings, should also be a function maybe.
Would you be able to provide more details ? Something like a Screenshot of this very setting ? I can't find it and I haven't found any reference to a window color. Thanks in advance ! :)

AcrobatEpee

It is by default set to white. I changed it anyway and it didn't change the black bars. Black bars are out of the screen so I suppose that's the Reason they're black because they're 'not defined'. However I'd just like to assign a color to what the player can see.

TheouAegis

Does window_set_colour() still work in GMS2?

The entire window is the screen. You can even draw on it. The black bar is just what the GUI and application_surface don't occupy.