• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED] steam.api doesnt work with gms2 for me

G

GeneticZ

hey,
i try to make a game for steam. but somehow when i start my game the steam-panel doesnt pop up. if i try it in gms 1.4 it works perfectly, but not in gms 2. help please

here what i did for gettin there:

-gms2 IDE v2.2.4.474 using Runtimes v2.2.4.374
-downloaded steamworks sdk 1.42
-changed the path to the "sdk" -folder in the preferences in gms2
-activated "steam" in the options/plattform settings/windows in gms2
-added the steam-id of my game in options/main/general in gms2

EDIT:
Ok, finally i found a solution:
somehow the steamworks SDK doesnt work with gms2 downloaded from steam. After i downloaded the actual version of gms2 from the yoyo website all worked perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
somehow the steamworks SDK doesnt work with gms2 downloaded from steam. After i downloaded the actual version of gms2 from the yoyo website all worked perfectly.
It does, but you have to enable the "Use alternative launcher for Steam application" option from the Game Options. ;)