1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

GM:S 1.4 [SOLVED] Sprites: Onion Skin

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by SunnySunzo, Sep 9, 2016.

1. SunnySunzo

SunnySunzo Guest

Recently picked up the Humble Bundle GM Studio, really excited to make some games, though I've hit a roadblock, I'm not the best at this, and in particular I'm having a lot of trouble because there's no onion skin.

Is Onion Skin a feature? if so how do I enable it? if not tips on how to keep consistency between frames?

Thanks in advance.

2. Aura

Aura Guest

Welcome to the GMC~♫

[​IMG]

http://docs.yoyogames.com/source/da...use/more about sprites/editing subimages.html

3. SunnySunzo

SunnySunzo Guest

4. kamiyasi

kamiyasi Member

Now I feel silly; I've been using GM since GM7 and Studio since its launch and I didn't know about onion skinning in the editor; but then again I make my sprites in flash or photoshop

5. SunnySunzo

SunnySunzo Guest

Yeah, I can see the appeal of doing your sprites in an outside editor. I'm not much of a graphic designer, so I just use what I've got.

6. Warspite2

Warspite2 Member

I have made some really nice graphics and sprites with the built in editor. Many times my entire game graphics are created and edited that way. ;)

7. SunnySunzo

SunnySunzo Guest

I'm doing the same.

8. Sudo_Radish

Sudo_Radish Guest

At first I was reluctant to use the inbuilt tool because it didn't look like it was very powerful. However I was very wrong about that and it is really good for doing pixel art. The only real issue I have is that the colour picker is still a little lackluster. It would be nice to get it to accept external pallets.