• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[SOLVED]size for wall sprites/floor sprites and characters?

D

danne249

This is probably a stupid and frequently asked question but im kinda stuck.
I am drawing the walls, floor and character sprites at 64x64 size and i dont know if the characters need to be smaller than 64x64 to look good.

Oh and also when i did my little room in gamemaker and later added the characters in the room i think they are automatically pushed behind the floor because i dont se them when i start the game for just test.

Gamerev147

Depending on the program you use for doing your artwork, it should almost always look good if you do it in a specific size and don't stretch the image. As for size comparison, I would suggest making them as realistic as possible. Don't make the player look like a giant compared to the rest of the objects, if you know what I mean. I had the same issue with my game.

Good luck! :)

D

danne249

Depending on the program you use for doing your artwork, it should almost always look good if you do it in a specific size and don't stretch the image. As for size comparison, I would suggest making them as realistic as possible. Don't make the player look like a giant compared to the rest of the objects, if you know what I mean. I had the same issue with my game.

Good luck! :)
ah okay thanks :D im using gimp btw