• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [SOLVED]Seems like my draw event is not working.

K

Kalmar

I just bought gamemaker studio 2 and when i tried to import my gms 1.4 project into gms 2 i got no errors, but when i try to run the game the only sprites that are beeing drawn are the one that is drawn in the GUI layer.
The tiles and instance sprites are not drawn at all. i can interact with my gui objects just fine but the tiles and the object sprites are not drawing.
I have tried to turn off cameras/views and just run it without my camera object, i still got the same error and now i dont have a slightest clue in how to fix this problem. Any help is higly apreaciated! :)

S

StuffandThings85

Were they all properly assigned to the correct layers? Are things being placed behind/in front? Not sure how the import function works as I haven't tried it yet.

K

Kalmar

All the objects are assigned to the right layer, i only get a black screen. The only sprites that draw is the GUI and when i tried to draw the player on the gui layer, the player was drawn but when i switched back to the normal draw event it dident draw.

L

Lotias

... Are you sure that something's not accidentally setting the layers to invisible?

K

Kalmar

All the layers are visible in the room editor, so im pretty lost here

K

Kalmar

I found out why nothing was drawn.
part_system_depth(global.p_sys,-99999999); it was set to -99999999 so it was drawn on top of everything else.... i simply put 0 there instead of -9999999xxx and everything now draws fine!