[Solved] Screen Flash When Disabling Auto Draw of Application Surface

J

Joe134

Hi,

I have a screen object which is handling how the game appears on the display.

In the create event I have:
Code:
window_set_fullscreen(true);
application_surface_draw_enable(false);
texture_set_interpolation(false);
display_reset(0,true);
And in the draw gui begin event:
Code:
draw_surface_ext(application_surface,
x_offset,y_offset,
x_scale,y_scale,
0, c_white,1);
There's some code in between which handles how large the app surface should be and whatnot, but I'm pretty sure that code has nothing to do with my issue which is this: when I run the game, after the splash screen the screen is completely white for a moment, and then when I close the game, the screen turns white again. I believe this has something to do with the create event, because the screen is not technically drawn until the draw gui event, and the game just throws up a white screen in the mean time? I'm not certain though. I was wondering if there was a way to prevent this brief flash of white, or if it must stay, that I could maybe change its color to black so that it's not so jarring.

Thanks!

using v.1.4.1749

I

icuurd12b42

move
application_surface_draw_enable
to be above
draw_surface_ext
this will delay the disabling to after the first drawing and remove the flash. unless the problem is with that display_reset call.

J

Joe134

I moved around the application_surface_draw_enable and it didn't help. I did however turn on the start in full screen option in the global game settings and removed the display_reset, and this worked in removing the white flash in the beginning. I think the flash at the end is just due to the way I close the game, by a quick game_end() command. When I start thinking of how to properly close it, I'm sure this issue will be resolved.

I

icuurd12b42

I had a feeling display_reset would be the problem. we use it in the options to boost Anti Aliasing and to turn vsync on and off... and I was getting a white frame there... meh, graphics glitch like that, no one is immuned to...