• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker [SOLVED] Room Transitions/Warps no longer working since GM Update

G

Gamebro

I was previously running GM version 2.0.7.171, until the latest update forced me to update. (I only did this because I wanted to complete the project I was working on before updating). After updating, I'm now having this problem where it seems like my warps and walls are moving to the next room when the player is warped. However when using the debugger I don't see active instances for the previous room's for the current room so they're not behaving like they're persistent. However when the player moves to an edge of the room I will warp like I was in the previous room. Say I start in room A. Room A can warp to room B and C, from the bottom and top of the room respectively. In room B the player can move back to room A from moving to the top of the screen and in C the player can move back to A by going down. With this glitch now the player can move from the bottom of top of room C to the bottom of room A. (As if the warp from room A is now in room C). These only happen when I have visited a room once (it's acting like its persistent but I have persistence unchecked and forced it off in the step command for testing).
Heres the code for a warp: (On collision with the player unit)

Code:
OBJ_PLAYER.x = target_x;
OBJ_PLAYER.y = target_y;
room_goto(target_r);
The target_x,target_y, and target_r are all defined during the creation code per instance and worked correctly previously before the forced update. Any ideas that can lead me into the right direction will be greatly appreciated. I've been debugging this for a few hours and I'm not sure whats going.

EDIT: Current version running is: v2.1.4.285

PlayerOne

I have been having problems with the latest update myself. To fix this rollback the current runtime in GMS2 under:
file > preferences > runtime feeds.

Then change the current runtime to an older version before the update occurred.

G

Gamebro

I have been having problems with the latest update myself. To fix this rollback the current runtime in GMS2 under:
file > preferences > runtime feeds.

Then change the current runtime to an older version before the update occurred.
That fixed it, thanks!