• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[SOLVED] Room size

E

Edeyz

I'm making a game for Windows, and have a "map" room. This room has little going on aside from meany mostly static objects. I want to be able to pan around the map and zoom in/out. I can program those controls. I'm just wondering how big can my room be? I want to keep things from going "blury" when I zoom in. Or is there another way to do this? (I use a few draw_line's in the room, a bit like the FTL map).

Thanks
Edeyz

RangerX

Ok, let lay out some facts though.
- Room can be any side. It doesn't matter. But the more stuff you have going on in there at once, the more your game will be demanding to run.
- To get rid of graphic interpolation, you can turn it off in the global settings (graphic tab of your correspond target) and things will never blur. But this brings me back to third point though...
- Its impossible to have free zoom and keeping our game looking perfect. It won't get blurry for sure, but you will have other graphical damage going on.