Legacy GM [SOLVED]Q:Surface_save

Z

zendraw

where does game maker save the surface using this function? the manual doesnt tell.

is this code going to work anyway?
for now nothing is saved in the working_directory. if thats where it supposed to save then somthing is probably wrong with the code
Code:
if (keyboard_check_pressed(vk_printscreen))
{
    if (surface_exists(surf))
    {
        surface_set_target(surf);

if (ds_exists(global.grid, ds_type_grid))
        {
            var i=0;
            var j=0;

repeat (ds_grid_width(global.grid))
            {
                j=0;
                repeat (ds_grid_height(global.grid))
                {
                    draw_sprite_part(global.grid[# i, j], -1, 0, 0, 1, 1, i, j);
                    j++;
                }
                i++;
            }
        }

surface_save(surf, 'test.png');

surface_reset_target();

surface_free(surf);
    }
}
its supposed to save the topleft pixel of the sprites

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zendraw

by local storage you mean where it usually saves the ini files? well i know that dir and theres nothing there, only when i create an ini file it creates a folder for the game. otherwise nothing. theres somthing wrong with the code then?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
That code is isolated and has an external dependency (the grid), so there is no way for us to tell. I suggest setting a breakpoint and using the debugger to trace the code's execution to find out which lines of code are actually executing, and which ones may not be.

Z

zendraw

hah, so the code works, the problem was that i use vk_printscreen to trigger it and for some reason it doesnt trigger. now i use f11 and it works fine.

PS: tryed to save an image with original size of the room and it crashed the game, just so any1 who uses it to know.