• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [Solved] Problem with code editor on Mac?

D

dannyjenn

I'm using GMS2 on a Mac, and it seems that the code editor is stuck in "overtype mode". (If I put the cursor in the middle of a line and begin typing, it overwrites what's already on that line rather than simply inserting the new text.) My keyboard doesn't have an "Insert" key, so I'm not sure how to get it to go back to normal. And the problem only seems to be happening in GameMaker (TextEdit works fine, as do the text fields in my web browser).

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?

Dog Slobber

On the bottom right of the code editor window will be the following text indicators:
- OVR - Overstrike mode
- INS - Insert mode

Double click on the OVR/INS to toggle.

Might take a few tries, double clicking seems to be sometimes sporadic in the Studio IDE sometimes.

Last edited:
D

dannyjenn

On the bottom right of the code editor window will be the following text indicators:
- OVR - Overstrike mode
- INS - Insert mode

Double click on the OVR/INS to toggle.

Might take a few tries, double clicking seems to be sometimes sporadic in the Studio IDE sometimes.
That worked. Thank you.

DIGITOY

It is good to use INS/OVR, but it is more convenient to use the "Inster key" on the keyboard.
Additionally, this Insert Key is valid during all document creations. and, even if it's an old session, good information is valid over time!šŸ˜Š