• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[Solved] Physics collision events don't trigger after import

J

Jace Boechler

Hey hi yo, it's been a while since I posted here :>

So I'm working on importing my project from 1.4 to 2 and it's going surprisingly well. By that I mean, the game runs, yeah I had to remove some scripts and the load times are all messed up and controller support is gone but generally speaking all the problems seem like things I can fix.

That is to say, except for physics collision events just not happening. At all. None of them. Which is ... interesting. As far as I can tell physics are working; fixtures are setup properly, gravity works, impulses work, even character movement works. Collisions just don't happen, so characters and objects just fall through the floor.

I've done tests and the collision events are definitely not triggering, it's not that my programmatic responses to these collisions are not working, the collisions are just not happening. I'm assuming I'm missing some simple change to how physics works between 1.4 and 2, like what the default settings of fixtures are or something.

If it means anything, all my fixtures (and the physics world for that matter) are declared programmatically and not in the object/room drop downs.

So any ---uh--- thoughts? Thanks!

PlayerOne

Did you update GMS2? There seems to be a bug with the new Runtime and how the physics objects don't collide regardless of tweaking. Just rollback the current Runtime to an older version and you should get things back to normal. Had to deal with this problem after updating. :confused:

J

Jace Boechler

Just my luck the first time I seriously use GMS2 something so crucial to my game is goofed. Thanks for the heads up! I'll rollback and mark the thread appropriately if it fixes it.

J

Jace Boechler

I'm having trouble figuring out ...uh... where to get an older version :oops:
They're not available on the release notes page like it was for 1.4

J

Jace Boechler

Yup, you're correct. I rolled back to the previous version (2.1.3.189) and it works just like it always did. The other stuff is still goobered but that's to be expected. Thanks, I would never have guessed that myself!