• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[SOLVED] Permissions question reguarding android os 6.0 and up

W

Wraithious

Hi, so for months now I've known that apps ported to android when used with android 6.0+ don't set permissions in the user's phone automatically, this article explains how that's supposed to work, stating that at the time the user uses a function in your app it should throw a text box asking the user if this is ok, and
this article from android tells what's supposed to be done but it looks like you'd have to write an extension or something to implement it. But in every app ive put out this is not the case, forcing me to put warnings about it in my game/app descriptions on the play store, what is going on with this? is there some code I can just inject to the android manifest in the global game settings or is this an uncontrollable issue/bug with android os 6.0+ anyone with any info please help! thanks in advance

W

Wraithious

BUMP ^^^
I really need an answer to this question please, How do you guys do this? this is very unprofessional and detrimental to app distribution on the playstore because people think the app is at fault when in reality the permissions are not getting set automatically and no choice is given to the user to do so!

W

Wraithious

Ok so it's not possible without using an extension, so I made one!! I put it up on the marketplace for free, because if you're like me and paid well over 100 bucks for the android module 'back in the day' lol, you should be able to keep up with the changes and produce quality releases for android!
Here's the market place link, hope this helps some of you!!
Android Permissions Extension