• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion SOLVED:Particle Orientation

T

TheMatrixHasMe

Has anyone had issues with particle orientation/rotation? I just purchased the desktop version today and imported my project from gms1.x and the game is running with many compatability scripts. However I'm stuck trying to figure out why the particles are behaving differently, rotation and/or having altered orientations. Like rain for example rotating quickly or smoke particles rotation noticeable, etc. etc.

Edit: Okay, so for the sprites that are acting strange, I replaced the part_type_shape() function with the part_type_sprite() function and just imported the GMS2 effects as sprites and that solved the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
It would be very helpful for you to file a bug about the original problem with a *simple* sample project so that we can fix the underlying issue

Russell

T

TheMatrixHasMe

It would be very helpful for you to file a bug about the original problem with a *simple* sample project so that we can fix the underlying issue

Russell
Absolutely. That was actually my initial question when I posted here, if this was a known bug, but I was met with crickets, 50 views and no response before I found my own solution. I'll file a bug report today.

Update: Bug report filed.

T

Tec

Yeah. I have the same problem. Ported my project from GMS1 to GMS2. Everything worked fine, except for my particle systems. They are all broken and look/behave differently than before. That's quite disappointing.

The solution that worked for you means, that you had to save sprites for each and every particle you created. That's quite a lot of work.

Thanks for sending the bug-report. I hope this will be fixed in an upcoming update. I don''t want to redo all of my particle systems because of version-issues.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
This bug has been fixed and we are testing a hotfix that contains this.

Russell

T

Tec

Good to hear :). Hope the hotfix will be available soon to get rid of the malfunctioning particle systems.

T

Tec

Great. Thanks a lot. Just tested it and all particle systems work properly again. :D