• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] "Packages can not be built for the selected platform"

G

Guilherme Hernandez

Good morning and good afternoon.

I need your help. I bought the GameMaker Studio 2 - MOBILE.
And I'm working on a project, which I'm about to finish. I've tried for some minutes to create the executable.

But still giving this error
"Packages can not be built for the selected platform"

Can someone help me? I started in GameMaker not too long ago and this is my first project, I had never tried it before. So I do not know if I have to configure and where.

Thanks for everyone's insight.

rIKmAN

I would take a guess and say that you are trying to build for Windows (which you don't own) because you haven't changed the target in the top right of the IDE.

Have you setup SDKs etc ready for compiling to Android / iOS?
It doesn't "just work", you have to install the necessary tools for you to be able to compile for each target.

G

Guilherme Hernandez

I would take a guess and say that you are trying to build for Windows (which you don't own) because you haven't changed the target in the top right of the IDE.

Have you setup SDKs etc ready for compiling to Android / iOS?
It doesn't "just work", you have to install the necessary tools for you to be able to compile for each target.
@rIKmAN , Thanks for replying.
Yes, I found the settings in Preferences and only one of them of the 3 were set. Only Android SDK, missing the android NDK and Java.
But even after setting the 3 options, it still gives the same message when I press Create Executable

G

Guilherme Hernandez

I found the problem!! Right corner at "TARGETS" ...

G

Guilherme Hernandez

Yea hehe, Ty So mcuh riKmAN, Just one more question, can you help me with the Keystore fields? I never filled it. I do not know what to put in each field.

rIKmAN

I found the problem!! Right corner at "TARGETS" ...
Yeah that's it - I think it was probably targeting Windows which you don't own so can't create an executable for.
You can "test" on Windows, but unless you own the Desktop module you cannot create an executable.

Change this to Android and you should be good to go.

This guide will help you if you have any problems with the setup: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368727-Setting-Up-For-Android

Yea hehe, Ty So mcuh riKmAN, Just one more question, can you help me with the Keystore fields? I never filled it. I do not know what to put in each field.
Follow the guide I linked above, it walks you through everything you will need to do. :)