Drag And Drop SOLVED: oPlayer interacts with object that doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Shizuky, Aug 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Shizuky

Shizuky Member

Hi, I have my dialogues all working fine, but in one room i run into error which says that my oPlayer interacts with ObjWarp (Which I use to go from one room to another) and in this room for some reason when clicking on
    interact key it says this:

Variable objWarp.<unknown variable>(100013, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
    at gml_Script_create_dialogue (line 72) - portrait = _speaker.myPortrait;
    ############################################################################################
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    stack frame is
    gml_Script_create_dialogue (line 72)
    called from - gml_Object_par_speaker_Step_0 (line 12) - create_dialogue(myText, mySpeaker, myEffects, myTextSpeed, myTypes, myNextLine, myScripts, myTextCol, myEmotion, myEmote);
    called from - gml_Object_oLargeBaddie2_Step_0 (line 1) - event_inherited(); //so it will inherit from par_speaker

I did nothing with the objWarp I tried re-creating the Character , who I wanted to speak to but nothing helped. Does any of you know what is in case?

2. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

This is telling you that the instance ID referred to by _speaker doesn't come with a myPortrait variable. Put a breakpoint just before that line, run the project in debug and figure out who it's referring to. Then either you make it unresponsive to attempts to create dialogue, or add a myPortrait instance variable to it such that it is compatible with dialogues.

Shizuky likes this.