• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM [SOLVED]On testing game, window loses focus

M

Marvelo

Hey,

I started new project recently and a weird bug started bullying me. I tried to search for answers but haven't found anything.

When I test the game the game window almost immediately loses focus and goes down to the task bar. I then have to click the game on the task bar to get back to testing.

This didn't happen before, and I've been using GM:S 1.4 for over a year now. It started happening only around a week ago. The game runs for around a second before it loses focus. It also triggers if I try to press anything. It only happens once per run and then everything is fine. Also, this doesn't happen if the game is not in full screen mode, although then the game window may shift into background under the object properties and such. It also happens more rarely in debugging mode (???)

While seemingly it's no big deal and it doesn't happen in the exported executable, it's pretty annoying and those couple of seconds keep adding up on the hundreds of testing sessions. Anyone had something similar happen to them? I've tried many things, trying to switch on/off settings on the general game settings, nothing seems to help. Help please.
(╯°. °)╯︵ ┻━┻