• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED] Objects hidden by new empty layer

Nodok

Hello,

This afternoon, I've been encountering a very weird issue, and I'm not sure if I did something wrong or if it's a bug.
Basically, I added in my room a new layer "Blood" which is empty (and filled when killing an enemy) and it made my walls (from another layer) disappear. Walls were still existing as my player could collide with them, just not displayed.

Now, no matter what I try the walls don't reappear, so the problem might be something else, but another weird example, is that when I put my layer "Blood" above the layer "Player" my player disappear, but if I put it below, the player is visible (although my "Blood" layer is empty and even hidden).

AbovePlayer.jpg BelowPlayer.jpg

Do you have any idea what I could try to fix the issue ?
Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, I found the issue. My camera was only displaying up to a depth of 1000. By adding a new layer, my "Walls" layer switched to a depth of 1100, and was hidden...

Last edited: