• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE (Solved)Not able anymore to edit Android Permission list of "Extension" (add or remove) on GMS2 IDE?

H

HW.

I imported a GMS1.4 extension on GMS2 IDE, and luckily it works.

In this case the extension i use has 3 Android permissions: to access internet, access network stage, read/write sd storage.

On GMS1.4 IDE, when i expand the Extension i downloaded from marketplace. I can see the tab where it has the "permission list being used" for that extension (access internet, write storage, etc). And i can edit it to "add or remove" permission of this extension. This is helpful.

After that i imported the extension to GMS2 as my project is being built under GMS2.

On GMS2 IDE i do not find the "permission list to add or remove" under any window/tab of the "Extension" like on the GMS1.4 IDE.

I know there is "Permission" in Android Options, but it is different thing. And it looks like "this one" is for global setting and this is not what i am talking about: the permission list of "that one specific extension" is using. Btw I tick one permission here: to access internet and want to see what is included after i install the apk.

I installed the apk to my device to see the permission it has, and found that my game has all the 3 permissions that the extension is using although in Android options global permission setting, i only tick 1 permission which is only to access internet. So the Extension's permission which is unavailable to see or edit on IDE is included too when exporting.

It looks like GMS2 not giving user to examine or edit the permission of an "Extension" from the IDE like it is on GMS1.4 IDE?

The case is i want to remove one of those permissions not to be included in my apk. Because without that the extension should work too. And the privacy permission i want to remove might prevent end-user to install because of being afraid of privacy permission the game with that extension has.

I know i can edit the extension first in GMS1.4 to remove the permission i do not want of the extension, and then export again the extension from GMS1.4 IDE after that. And then import it again to GMS2. But this case is only if it is a GMS1.4 extension. if the case is GMS2 extension, then i can't do it. And my question is, How do i remove the permission which is built in on the extension on GMS2 IDE without having to edit it on GMS1.4 IDE?

Where is it the tab to "remove" the permission that one specific extension is using on GMS2 IDE? Is it not supported now to edit on GMS2 IDE?

*Because i plan to work with GMS2 fully, and stop using GMS1.4. And in the future this is important for me if i want to use a GMS2 extension downloaded from marketplace but i need a permission to be removed.

Edit: fix typo

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HW.

Any info for this matter? Is it permanent or might be added again on GMS2 IDE like it is on GMS1.4 IDE? The tool will make it clear, what permission an extension is using just by looking at it on IDE, and we can add/remove it. Adding maybe can be done from the (Options-Android-Permission) setting, but "Remove" from "Extension" is not. (Options-Android-Permission) is only "tick/untick" for global, not specific extension.

Edit: fix typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HW.

i finally found it hidden under the option of ticking. Clicking on text besides the tick box for Android/iOS will open new window. Previously i think that is only for ticking on/off only.
[✓]Android
[✓]iOS

I didn't know the text if being clicked is like a button.

in case you didn't find it either, it is on Extension window, right bottom.

[✓]Android
[✓]iOS

Click the text, not the tick.