Windows [SOLVED] New way to make HUD follow the screen?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by mont266, Jan 11, 2019.

1. mont266

mont266 Member

Hi!

In GMS1.4 I always drew my HUD using this code:
    Code:
    draw_healthbar(view_xview[0]+32,view_yview[0]+32,view_xview[0]+256,view_yview[0]+50,global.playerhealth,c_black,c_red,c_green,0,false,true);

But I am aware that this no longer works for making my healthbar follow the view.

I have tried:
    Code:
    view_camera
    and
    Code:
    view_xport
    but still can't get the HUD to move with the camera. Can anyone help me with a new way to tackle this?

Cheers!

2. Tsa05

Tsa05 Member

Code:
    var cam = view_camera[view_current];

var vx = camera_get_view_x(cam);
    var vy = camera_get_view_y(cam);
    var vw = camera_get_view_width(cam);
    var vh = camera_get_view_height(cam);

3. mont266

mont266 Member

Thanks! I tried messing about with the values and I sorted it, but im stuck with another problem, it technically 'follows' the camera but it stretches the bar out along with the camera? Am I doing something wrong?

My code is here:
    Code:
    draw_healthbar(vx+32,vy+32,vw-1664,vh-1030,global.playerhealth,c_black,c_red,c_green,0,false,true);

4. Tsa05

Tsa05 Member

Ah, I don't think you need vw and vh in this case. Those are just the width and height of your view.
    Looks like you wanted to go from the corner+32 to the corner +256

draw_healthbar(vx+32,vy+32,vx+256,vy+50,global.playerhealth,c_black,c_red,c_green,0,false,true);

mont266 likes this.
  5. mont266

mont266 Member

Thank you so much! It's taking me a little time to adapt to GMS2 from GMS1.4, but im getting there. If I could hug you I would! Thanks a lot!

Tsa05 likes this.