• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android /SOLVED/ My game doesn't sense each time i press the screen, only once in a while

MicroKiss

I made a very simple game, I could even build it and install it in my phone but when I'm playing it it only senses ~ 2 times in a second that i press it, even when i tap it very frequently.

What could be the problem ?

MicroKiss

Double tap counts as a right click.
There is a function to disable it but I forgot it.
I don't think that' should be my problem because if I press the screen only 1 times than, it works well, but when i want to press it more time, it doesn't

T

T. Brugel

Hey there!

Have you tested it out on PC as well?
If it works on your PC the cause of the problem is not on GameMakers side but on your phone.
GameMaker uses the YoyoRunner to run games on Android, and it requires a lot of power to run smoothly.
Maybe your phone is not fast enough? For GameMaker it is recommended that your phone has a GPU (videocard).

Cheers and goodluck!

MicroKiss

No, we misunderstood each other. Let me explain :
I programmed my game so if I touch the screen, than my character change it's moving direction, and there are places where I want to change directions many times, but somehow it doesn't work

MicroKiss

Hey there!

Have you tested it out on PC as well?
If it works on your PC the cause of the problem is not on GameMakers side but on your phone.
GameMaker uses the YoyoRunner to run games on Android, and it requires a lot of power to run smoothly.
Maybe your phone is not fast enough? For GameMaker it is recommended that your phone has a GPU (videocard).

Cheers and goodluck!
Hello
Yes i picked the windows target and it worked perfectly, and my phone is a huawei p9lite and it's new even so it should be able to run a little game

T

T. Brugel

Hmmm... that's really strange.
You could try checking the "any device supported" checkbox at the global game settings android tab.
Maybe try it out on another android device?
That could rule out some of the causes.
Good luck!

MicroKiss

Do you mean you want to touch the screen with multiple fingers?

Run a device_mouse function inside a for loop.

Just found the function for the double tap
https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/mouse, keyboard and other controls/device input/device_mouse_dbclick_enable.html
You were right that was my problem. Sorry for being stupid I'm just new
So i had to write this in my code :
device_mouse_dbclick_enable(false);
and i also schanged the room speed IDK wheter that's change anything
Thank you guysT. Brugel Bingdom so much for trying to help