• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[Solved] Multiplayer Networking

Bingdom

Googledom
Currently I got some knowledge of making multiplayer games, mainly with simple games. Now i want to expand my knowledge to harder games. I have been working on this game for a while and i would like to make it multiplayer.
upload_2016-9-26_17-59-54.png
This picture pretty much shows what my game is about. The AI contains random variables to make it behave differently (Like different idle times, different weapons, etc) and the AI like to jump in vehicles. How will be able to sync the Server and the Clients as efficiently as possible and make the matches fair? The battles are likely to be 15v15 but can be adjusted and the bots will be replaced by new joining players.

The game is similar to GTA, just a topdown version.

Thanks for reading :D

Roderick

The typical method is for one computer (either the server, or if the players connect directly to each other, whichever player is designated the host) to control all the AIs, and broadcast their movement to the other players. For all other players, NPC movement is entirely handled by parsing input from the server or host.

Bingdom

Googledom
The typical method is for one computer (either the server, or if the players connect directly to each other, whichever player is designated the host) to control all the AIs, and broadcast their movement to the other players. For all other players, NPC movement is entirely handled by parsing input from the server or host.
Ahh, i see. That seems a lot easier than what i thought i had to do.

So when a player joins, i tell them all the objects in the room and the server does all the working out.

Would i need to assign a variable for the AI, to be recognized by the server because a lot of them are the same object?

Edit:
Nvm, i can just use instance_find.