• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 [SOLVED] Mouse events not recognized in browser

PunkyRoo

Hey all,

When I target HTML5, all mouse / tap / etc. events are not being recognized in the resulting browser version of the game. None. I can't seem to interact with my game at all when in the browser. It used to work for me before the 2.3 update, now nothing. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a solution in the works officially and a workaround in the meanwhile?

Just to make sure it wasn't my game, I also created a new, very simple project and ran it and it still did not work.

I'm hoping Yoyo has a fix, because this kinda makes the HTML5 license I bought useless...

Thanks!

PunkyRoo

Found a solution. Apparently HTML5 only allows mouse clicks from Global mouse events. So instead of uses any other tap / click sort of events, I had to switch everything to Mouse Global Left Down. Which means creating a HTML5 version of the project with this workaround.

Ricardo

Non-global mouse events works fine for me in HTML5. You need to investigate the issue more carefully to discover where the problem is.
Change all the mouse interactions to the global counterpart may cause a lot of trouble if you are not careful.

Ricardo

If your project works correctly on Windows, but mouse clicks fails under HTML5, then yes, I suppose you can fill a ticket since it is technically an inconsistency. Make sure to inform the browser you are having issues with.