[solved]Lonewolff's Video Player

HI
Is anyone familiar with Lonewolff's video player. I've been trying to get a hold of him. His video player - it plays the whole video but when it ends it just freezes, it doesn't go to another room even with the goto

rIKmAN

HI
Is anyone familiar with Lonewolff's video player. I've been trying to get a hold of him. His video player - it plays the whole video but when it ends it just freezes, it doesn't go to another room even with the goto
Can you post your relevant code, including the events you have put it in.

Using the default project changing Line 7 of the Step Event in obj_video from:
Code:
if(video_get_playback_ended())
    game_end();
to
Code:
    room_goto(other_room);
works as expected and changes to other_room when the video has finished playing.
Tested with 2 seperate videos.

Last edited:
I'm missing a function:

Code:
Object: obj_video Event: Step at line 4 : unknown function or script video_get_playback_ended
Object: VideoObject Event: Step at line 19 : unknown function or script video_get_playback_ended
That's off a fresh install

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I doubt that's something the community can help you with, then - this sounds like a support request for the asset author.

I doubt that's something the community can help you with, then - this sounds like a support request for the asset author.
Thanks Tsuka. I petitioned the author for support for t he past week with no response.

(Edit)

From what I recall it is a small, simple function and rikman could probably give me the code for it.

rIKmAN

(Edit)
From what I recall it is a small, simple function and rikman could probably give me the code for it.
The extension works fine, the test I did in my previous post was using a fresh project and the asset imported directly from the marketplace via My Library in the IDE.
Are you using the latest version of the asset or an old one lying around on your hard drive?

I can't give you the code for the function as the extension is a .dll file, so I'm not sure what you are remembering.

Create a new project, install the extension from Marketplace > My Library in the IDE (making sure you update to the latest version of the asset if required) and then make the change I explained above to test changing to another room instead of ending the program.

Last edited:
Ok. When I go to import I get the error:

"Some resources failed to import - see output window for details"

Output window:

Code:
lapsed time 00:00:00.0363073s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\tedgr\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\com.jasoncampbell.videoplayerpro_b64f01cc" started at 02/13/2020 23:27:55
"cmd"  /c subst Y: "Z:\"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0378703s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "Z:\" started at 02/13/2020 23:27:55
"cmd"  /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0378919s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/13/2020 23:27:56
"cmd"  /c subst Y: "Z:\"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0354699s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "Z:\" started at 02/13/2020 23:27:57
"cmd"  /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0349682s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/13/2020 23:27:57
Resource 'video_player_pro' failed to import
Saving project to: D:\OneDrive\OneDrive\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\2-13-2020a\2-13-2020a.yyp
Saving 6 resources
"cmd"  /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0378988s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 02/13/2020 23:28:09
(edit)

Not user error.

Step Event

Code:
/// @description Example functionality

// The following calls are pretty self explanatory.
if(video_get_playback_ended())         ///THIS IS THE FUNCTION THAT SHOWS UP AS UNKNOWN
    game_end();

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_escape))
    game_end();

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_right))
    video_set_current_time(video_get_current_time() + 5);

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_left))
    video_set_current_time(video_get_current_time() - 5);

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_f1))
    video_set_sound_muted(!video_get_sound_muted());

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_f2))
    video_set_sound_level(video_get_sound_level() - 0.1);

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_f3))
    video_set_sound_level(video_get_sound_level() + 0.1);

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_f5))
    video_set_rate(video_get_rate() - 0.1);

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_f6))
    video_set_rate(video_get_rate() + 0.1);

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_space))
    video_set_loop(!video_get_loop());

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_up))
    video_pause();

if(keyboard_check_pressed(vk_down))
    video_play();

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Topic cleaned - some replies may have gone missing.

I petitioned the author for support for t he past week with no response.
It seems like there is an issue with the asset itself (according to the compiler log in the post two posts above this one), so I'm afraid the issue you're currently facing may not be the last... but that's just a possibility, not a guarantee.

I would share it if I could - unfortunately, that won't be possible, as members are not allowed to share parts of assets without the author's consent.

rIKmAN

I just wrote replies to each of your deleted posts Ted, but saw Tsuka has deleted them whilst replying which was probably for the best - thanks @TsukaYuriko.

So back to the extension - which whether you believe me or not works fine as I have already explained and whatever the problem may be is on your end.

1) How are you importing the extension into GMS2?

2) Your posted log has a OneDrive path - working from DropBox/OneDrive folders are known to cause issues with GMS2 projects so don't use them to store your projects.

As I already explained, the steps I took are as follows:
Create a new project, go to Marketplace > My Library and find Video Player Pro for GMS 2.x.
Make sure it's updated, and import it into the project.
Run the project.

That works fine, so any errors / issues you are encountering are not anything to do with the extension itself.

You can also check that the function you say is missing is in the extension by opening the extension from the Resource Tree, double clicking "video_player.dll" and looking at the list of functions the extension includes.

It looks like this for me, with the function you say is missing at the bottom:

If it isn't listed there then you are either using an older version of the extension or the error you get when importing has caused that specific function to not be imported.

edit:
I have now tested importing the extension via My Library and by downloading the .yymp file from the Marketplace website and importing that - both work fine.

Last edited:
1) @rIKmAN I'm importing the extension from the market place and then from my library.
2) I had this issue before, like I said, before I owned this computer. Both times had the same symptoms and I know for a fact the old system wasn't using a one drive or drop box.
To be thorough, how would I see if GMS2 projects are being stored on a DropBox or OneDrive?
3) I don't have any dlls.
4) I just made a fresh new project, imported from the marketplace, and then tried to run it and I didn't have the option to compile/run at all.

rIKmAN

1) @rIKmAN I'm importing the extension from the market place and then from my library.
2) I had this issue before, like I said, before I owned this computer. Both times had the same symptoms and I know for a fact the old system wasn't using a one drive or drop box.
To be thorough, how would I see if GMS2 projects are being stored on a DropBox or OneDrive?
3) I don't have any dlls.
4) I just made a fresh new project, imported from the marketplace, and then tried to run it and I didn't have the option to compile/run at all.
1) When you see Video Player Pro for GMS 2.x in My Library - does it have a yellow exclamation mark next to the button you click to download it which shows it has an update available?
2) The log you posted in post #7 clearly shows: Saving project to: D:\OneDrive\OneDrive\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\2-13-2020a\2-13-2020a.yyp
3) Then this will be the problem - the extension hasn't imported correctly which is why the functions it adds are not recognised.
4) What do you mean you didn't have the option to compile/run?

When you make a fresh project and then import the extension you need to make sure to delete room0 as the extension will import room1 which will be the second room in the list.
You will end up looking at a blank screen because the empty default room0 will be the one that loads first.

1) No
2) It is a 2TB hard disk. It is not my main disk. It should not be using OneDrive for Game Maker Studio. I don't know why it is or how to change it. It is very m uch possible that there is where my
projects are being stored but not Game Maker Studio.
1) When you see Video Player Pro for GMS 2.x in My Library - does it have a yellow exclamation mark next to the button you click to download it which shows it has an update available?
2) The log you posted in post #7 clearly shows: Saving project to: D:\OneDrive\OneDrive\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\2-13-2020a\2-13-2020a.yyp
3) Then this will be the problem - the extension hasn't imported correctly which is why the functions it adds are not recognised.
4) What do you mean you didn't have the option to compile/run?

When you make a fresh project and then import the extension you need to make sure to delete room0 as the extension will import room1 which will be the second room in the list.
You will end up looking at a blank screen because the empty default room0 will be the one that loads first.
I mean I create a new project, go through the marketplace, import, then move the room on the hierarchy so its not a blank screen, and go to run it and all of the run/debug etc. are locked out.

It appears I am saving project files to the one drive (don't know why or how) and I agree it could be a problem but I don't believe in this case that itis

rIKmAN

It is saying that is where your projects are stored - as I said using DropBox / OneDrive for live working folders not advised and can cause issues and project corruption.
This is not the default location GMS2 uses for projects so it must have been changed manually at some point.

Info from: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...missions-and-Internet-Access-Required-by-GMS2
  • Using OneDrive/Dropbox/Google Drive, et al.
We also do not recommend using "live folders" to host your project folders, as these external applications will periodically lock your files in order to do their own job. This can cause issues when building projects and in rare/extreme circumstances can result in project save errors.
Are you still getting the message in the console reporting an error when importing?
At what point do the run/debug buttons get locked?
Does that happen with other projects or just this one?
It appears I am saving project files to the one drive (don't know why or how) and I agree it could be a problem but I don't believe in this case that itis
Saying you don't believe it's the issue is pure guesswork, and given that not using Dropbox / OneDrive folders is specifically mentioned in the YYG article above it should be something you fix to rule out as being a problem.

Maybe it's locking the project files and causing the run/debug buttons to stop functioning?
Who knows.

I don't know what hierarchies of OneDrives is doing. My OneDrive in settings is not linked - that is, its not syncing. And the picture shows that the OneDrive's physical location is on drive C..

Attachments

Run/Debug is onol ylcoked on the new project I made when I downloaded the asset. GMS2 was installed to my D drive, I have no frickin idea how it got on my One Drive. I don't even use the One Drive.

rIKmAN

Run/Debug is onol ylcoked on the new project I made when I downloaded the asset. GMS2 was installed to my D drive, I have no frickin idea how it got on my One Drive. I don't even use the One Drive.
I've no idea Ted, only you know what goes on on your system and where you install things.
  1. Create a new empty project, then export a .yyz of it and save it to your desktop.
  2. Close GMS2, double click the .yyz on your desktop and it should open GMS2 and popup a dialog asking you where to save.
  3. Choose your desktop again and it will create a project folder there.
  4. Check the run / debug buttons work.
  5. Go to Marketplace > My Library > Video Player Pro for GMS2.x and click to import it.
  6. Click the Add All button to select all assets to be imported - they will appear in the right hand window. (Please tell me you've been doing this previously)
  7. Make sure "Import all resources to a new project" IS NOT ticked.
  8. Click Import.
  9. Check that the room containing "obj_video" is the first room listed in the Resource Tree.
  10. Check the run/debug buttons again.
  11. Run the project.

If those steps don't work then as I have been saying all through this thread: there is an issue somewhere on your end.
The extension works fine as I have just performed those exact steps whilst typing them out and there is no issue at all with the extension - the video plays.

If there is an issue at any one of those steps, post the details of which step, what happened and if there are any messages in the log.

I've no idea Ted, only you know what goes on on your system and where you install things.
  1. Create a new empty project, then export a .yyz of it and save it to your desktop.
  2. Close GMS2, double click the .yyz on your desktop and it should open GMS2 and popup a dialog asking you where to save.
  3. Choose your desktop again and it will create a project folder there.
  4. Check the run / debug buttons work.
  5. Go to Marketplace > My Library > Video Player Pro for GMS2.x and click to import it.
  6. Click the Add All button to select all assets to be imported - they will appear in the right hand window. (Please tell me you've been doing this previously)
  7. Make sure "Import all resources to a new project" IS NOT ticked.
  8. Click Import.
  9. Check that the room containing "obj_video" is the first room listed in the Resource Tree.
  10. Check the run/debug buttons again.
  11. Run the project.

If those steps don't work then as I have been saying all through this thread: there is an issue somewhere on your end.
The extension works fine as I have just performed those exact steps whilst typing them out and there is no issue at all with the extension - the video plays.

If there is an issue at any one of those steps, post the details of which step, what happened and if there are any messages in the log.
OK. Give me a few minutes. I'm going to reinstall GMS2 just for good measure.

Ok. The video plays. But that doesn't help me. I can play a video with the video player in my main project. Its the transition from the room with the video to the next room that doesn't work.

(edit)
I got to sleep. Its 3 am and I've been working on this project since 1pm this past afternoon

rIKmAN

Ok. The video plays. But that doesn't help me. I can play a video with the video player in my main project. Its the transition from the room with the video to the next room that doesn't work.
5hrs later and "that doesn't help me" - you're welcome!
I'd say it helps you a lot considering you were getting errors saying a function was missing earlier and you couldn't even click the run/debug buttons.

Open obj_video > Step Event.

Change this code on line 4 which ends the program when the video has ended:
Code:
    game_end();
to this code which changes to another room when the video ends:
Code:
    room_goto(new_room);
Where I typed "new_room" type the actual name of another room that you have in the project.
Make another room and change the background colour just to test if you need to.

Also don't sit there for for 55seconds waiting for the video to play through, you can fast forward using the right arrow key so skip through to near the end.

The room will change when the video ends.

On compile (my project, not the test project) I get an error: Error Importing Package Some resources failed to import, see output window for details.

This is in the step code.
game_end();

Thanks for your help.

rIKmAN

On compile (my project, not the test project) I get an error: Error Importing Package Some resources failed to import, see output window for details.

This is in the step code.
game_end();

Thanks for your help.
We have eventually proven to you that the asset works with the test project - so we can rule out that being the problem.

If you remember the steps above I told you to create the test project on your desktop - this was to rule out OneDrive, and it seems to have worked.

If you are still getting the "Error Importing Package" message then the extension hasn't imported correctly and I am willing to bet that in the output log (which you didn't post) will contain a path in it that points to your OneDrive folder.

More than likely similar to one from yesterday which was D:\OneDrive\OneDrive\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\2-13-2020a\2-13-2020a.yyp

as for some reason you are using a OneDrive folder as your GMS2 project folder which is not advised - see the link and quote I posted yesterday from the YYG article on why this is a bad idea and can cause problems.

You need to make sure that you aren't using OneDrive as your default "My Projects" folder, do this in
File > Preferences > General > Paths.
Then make sure whatever project you are working on is saving to this folder and being worked on from this folder - not OneDrive.

Until you do this there isn't much more I can do to help you as this needs to be ruled out as the issue.
Given that the test project worked when stored on your desktop, I have a feeling that once you are not using a OneDrive folder to store your projects that removing the extension files, then re-importing the extension will work without any errors just as the test project did last night.

To summarise:

1) Make sure to remove the extension files from the failed import - if you arent sure what they are check in a blank project what files it imports and cross reference them with your own project and remove them one by one.

2) Export that "clean" project as a .yyz onto your desktop (like we did last night with the working test project)
3) Change the default "My Prioects" path in GMS2 Preferences to somewhere that is not OneDrive.
4) Make sure the other paths do not point to OneDrive either, if they do change them.
5) Close the IDE.
6) Double click the .yyz of your project that you saved on the desktop and GMS2 will open and ask you where to save the project.
7) Make sure that it is being saved into the folder you chose in Step 3 - the file dialog should default to that folder but double check.
8) Do a test run of your project to make sure it runs.
9) Now try reimporting the extension, to test it works move it's room to the top of the list in the Resource Tree and run the project.
10) You should see the flame video playing from the extension.

If you reinstalled GMS2 last night like you said then the paths in Preferences should all be set to the GMS2 defaults which would not be your OneDrive folder, so if they are already set then you can leave them as-is and simply follow the steps to get your project over to that folder from OneDrive (changing the path in Prefs and opening the .yyz etc)

Make sure you have backups of your projects, or are using copies of them (like exporting a .yyz) just in case anything goes wrong as you will still have the original project folder to fall back on.

Last edited:
Well you were right. Its something corrupted in my asset. I did the test project and t hat function is there and not greyed out? I can't exactly start from scratch, that's two years worth of work,. Have a magic wand to mix it? Oh and I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

(edit)

The function to set loop is missing as well.

rIKmAN

Well you were right.
I know, I've been telling you since post #6 of this thread that the asset works fine but for some reason you wouldn't believe me and we know what happened next.
I did the test project and t hat function is there and not greyed out? I can't exactly start from scratch, that's two years worth of work,. Have a magic wand to mix it?
You don't need to start your project again, you've imported an asset and it failed, that's all.
Which steps did you do from my last post?

I can't put it any simpler than this:
You need to remove the files that were added to your project by the failed import (see Step 1 above).
You need to make sure that you are not using OneDrive for anything to do with GMS2 (see Steps 3+4 above)
You need to re-import the extension from the Marketplace.

That's it, there is no magic wand because there is no magic, it's just importing an extension and making sure you are using a local drive to store the project.
You just need to logically go through those steps until you fix whatever is causing the extension to fail upon import to your main project - which I think is probably OneDrive as I keep saying.

You could also try File > Save As and saving it as a new project directly on your desktop like we did with the test project, and seeing if that project allows you to import.

If you are sure you have done those steps, then post the full log output from when it fails to import the extension properly.

[Compile] Run asset compiler
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c ""X://bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8 /gn="2-14-2020a" /td="Y:/" /cd="Z:/2-14-2020a_DD288F42" /zpuf="C:\Users\tedgr\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\ted.gress_1636118" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg="default" /o="Y:/2-14-2020a_2DFD1B8D_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="Y:/2-14-2020a_2DFD1B8D_VM\options.ini" /cvm /baseproject="X:/BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\2-14-2020a.yyp" /bt=run /rt=vm"
Reading project file....D:\BvB\2-14-2020a
Reading project file....X:\BaseProject
Reading config delta 'D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\6a8bc387-1167-4273-8356-a7ef65bead14.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\7d25ecc7-eb88-4ad8-bc9b-2b609ece4421.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\b203241f-a63a-4a25-9ca5-66dcfafca065.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\bfcadf15-92bd-4114-9b93-64dcc33d4df6.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\e904d8d0-1f77-4bcd-b4bc-25ce34f8d1a7.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\e993ffb4-26dc-42e9-adb2-a7dcbe869643.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\6a8bc387-1167-4273-8356-a7ef65bead14.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\7d25ecc7-eb88-4ad8-bc9b-2b609ece4421.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\b203241f-a63a-4a25-9ca5-66dcfafca065.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\bfcadf15-92bd-4114-9b93-64dcc33d4df6.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\e904d8d0-1f77-4bcd-b4bc-25ce34f8d1a7.yy
RetrieveJSON - failed to find: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\views\e993ffb4-26dc-42e9-adb2-a7dcbe869643.yy

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (-1)
elapsed time 00:00:05.7745300s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.2.5.378/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\tedgr\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Windows Run started at 02/14/2020 23:20:09
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d
elapsed time 00:00:00.0307195s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:20:15
"cmd" /c subst Y: /d
elapsed time 00:00:00.0299208s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:20:15
"cmd" /c subst X: /d
elapsed time 00:00:00.0289227s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:20:15
---------- STOPPING ----------
FAILED: Run Program Complete
For the details of why this build failed, please review the whole log above and also see your Compile Errors window.
"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\tedgr\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\com.jasoncampbell.videoplayerpro_53d1ae6c"
elapsed time 00:00:00.0383136s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\tedgr\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\com.jasoncampbell.videoplayerpro_53d1ae6c" started at 02/14/2020 23:21:02
"cmd" /c subst Y: "Z:\"
elapsed time 00:00:00.0329129s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "Z:\" started at 02/14/2020 23:21:02
elapsed time 00:00:00.0319135s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:21:03
elapsed time 00:00:00.0299102s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "Z:\" started at 02/14/2020 23:21:03
elapsed time 00:00:00.0309165s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:21:03
Saving project to: D:\BvB\2-14-2020a\2-14-2020a.yyp
Saving 8 resources
elapsed time 00:00:00.0314954s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:21:11
Saving complete project to: C:\Users\tedgr\2-14-2020x\2-14-2020x.yyp
Generated font texture for 'TinyChancery' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'default_font' because non existed
WARNING: 'À' extends beyond Segoe UI's ascender...
Generated font texture for 'uiz_fnt_default' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'Arial_Font_Modified' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'ftUI' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'BIgChancery' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'BlackChancery' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'Scriptina' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'title_font' because non existed
WARNING: '*' extends beyond Carnivalee Freakshow's ascender...
Generated font texture for 'RingsideFont' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'myTimerFont' because non existed
WARNING: '^' extends beyond Carnivalee Freakshow's ascender...
Generated font texture for 'CarnivalFont' because non existed
WARNING: '&' extends beyond Eutemia I's descender...
WARNING: 'N' extends beyond Eutemia I's descender...
WARNING: 'P' extends beyond Eutemia I's ascender...
WARNING: 'g' extends beyond Eutemia I's descender...
WARNING: 'p' extends beyond Eutemia I's descender...
Generated font texture for 'Eutemia' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'SmallChancery' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'LargeRavie' because non existed
Generated font texture for 'TitleScreenFont' because non existed
Saving 24618 resources
"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\tedgr\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\com.jasoncampbell.videoplayerpro_78399bd2"
elapsed time 00:00:00.0644366s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\tedgr\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\com.jasoncampbell.videoplayerpro_78399bd2" started at 02/14/2020 23:27:00
elapsed time 00:00:00.0329123s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "Z:\" started at 02/14/2020 23:27:00
elapsed time 00:00:00.0458770s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:27:02
elapsed time 00:00:00.0309455s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "Z:\" started at 02/14/2020 23:27:02
elapsed time 00:00:00.0319153s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:27:02
Saving project to: C:\Users\tedgr\2-14-2020x\2-14-2020x.yyp
Saving 6 resources
elapsed time 00:00:00.0374686s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 02/14/2020 23:27:15

rIKmAN

There are a LOT more errors / warnings there than just the extension failing to import.

At this point I’d make a fresh project and import resources into it to rebuild it, it’s possible using OneDrive previously has caused issues with it looking at all the log errors - and we’re just going round in circles here.

There is a Resource Importer tool by Mick on the forum if you do a search which would help speed up that process. Import the Video Player extension into the empty project first to make sure it imports and works correctly if you prefer to do it that way around.

Make sure you are not using the OneDrive folder, in fact at this point I'd stay away from your D: drive totally and use the default GMS2 paths - I'm not sure why you don't / won't use them.

However you made this thread about the extension - which works fine - and whatever problem your are having is not related to it at all. As such you should make a new thread for your actual issue as we’re now off topic in this one and a new, properly titled thread will help others searching for similar problems in future.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be more efficient so just tackle the warnings and errors. I mean in the scope of the project. There is a *lot* of code, I don't think you can realize. I wouldn't even know where to start I guess Resource Source Importer but I've never done this before. Before otherwise I would have to copy, say create event one object, then switch projects create copy to the second event, etc. line by line fo easily 20,000 lines of code

(Edit)

I did a search for the forums for "Resource Tool" and it didn't come up wiith anything

rIKmAN

Wouldn't it be more efficient so just tackle the warnings and errors. I mean in the scope of the project. There is a *lot* of code, I don't think you can realize. I wouldn't even know where to start I guess Resource Source Importer but I've never done this before. Before otherwise I would have to copy, say create event one object, then switch projects create copy to the second event, etc. line by line fo easily 20,000 lines of code
Given the way things have gone throughout this thread and your previous attitude / deleted replies to my advice, I'm not willing to spend more time that I don't really have trying to fix your broken project as this is now a completely different and more complex issue than the OP, sorry.

Maybe someone else will be willing to help you but I don't have the time to get into this any more than I already have done in trying to show to you that there was nothing wrong with the Video Player Asset - which I've done.

If you don't want to use the Resource Importer that's your choice, but in my opinion it would much easier to use it to import everything into a fresh project than to try and manually work through all those errors and warnings in your log file probably caused by using OneDrive, multiple failed imports and who knows what else along the way.

I'm not aware of any limit to the Resource Importer so your project size shouldn't cause any problems when using the tool.

Try it out on a backup of your project and see how it goes, it may at least get rid of those 100+ "failed to find view" errors which will be an improvement and a good start towards cleaning up the project so you can zone in on what the real issue is.

A good start would be to let GMS2 use it's default folder settings for it's folders (Cache, Temp, Project Folder etc) instead of the D: drive or the OneDrive folder that you changed it to, as it's another thing that you can then rule out as being a problem.

Right now there are so many things going on that could have already caused / be causing problems that they need to be fixed so that you can zone in on what the actual problem with simply importing an asset is.
I did a search for the forums for "Resource Tool" and it didn't come up wiith anything
I'm not sure why you would search for "Resource Tool" when I said quite specifically it was a tool called the "Resource Importer".

Searching for "Resource Importer" in the forum search lists Micks thread ~10th or so in the search results.
Here's the link: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/tool-gms2-resource-importer-updated-2019-05-01.45739/

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks friend. I never meant any hostility. I think it was just a miscommunication. Remember, I said I think this is a case where emoji's would have happened. What I took as an insult was probably just a friendly jest. I *think* Tsuka said that.