• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] Lint error in Android Module

Ednei

I have a project that was imported from GM 1.4. This project runs perfectly in the Windows module and does not present any syntax problems.

However, when I try to compile the project in GM2 v2.0.5.77 Runtime v2.0.5.49, it has the following error:

Code:
:com.efngames.over:assemble
:com.efngames.over:lint
Ran lint on variant release: 67 issues found
Ran lint on variant debug: 67 issues found
Wrote HTML report to file:///Z:/com.efngames.over/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.html
Wrote XML report to file:///Z:/com.efngames.over/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.xml
:com.efngames.over:lint FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.efngames.over:lint'.
> Lint found errors in the project; aborting build.

Fix the issues identified by lint, or add the following to your build script to proceed with errors:
android {
lintOptions {
abortOnError false
}
}

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 12.566 secs

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe DONE
C:\Windows\system32\subst.exe /d Z:

C:\Windows\system32\subst.exe DONE
System.Exception: Build Failed
em Igor.AndroidUtils.CreateAPK(Dictionary`2 _env, String _apk, String _arch, Boolean _exe)
em Igor.AndroidBuilder.Package()
elapsed time 00:00:50.5271595s for command "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\ednei\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Android Package started at 03/11/2017 20:55:55
FAILED : Package Program Complete
I've compiled some demos projects like the Yoyo Dungeon and worked perfectly on the Android Module.

GM2 informs that Lint has encountered problems in my project but does not report what problems they need to fix.

It seems that this problem is only happening because my project was imported from GM 1.4.

I already reported this problem as a bug.

I need a solution.

Thank you.

Ednei

zbox

GMC Elder
Just untick Lint Analysis in Android game preferences (EDIT: If it makes sense to do so after you inspect the lint output!)

Last edited:

Ednei

Just untick Lint Analysis in Android game preferences
It's unticked in my project. But it still presents this error.
And like I said earlier. I can compile small projects and demos of GM2.
It seems that the problem happens with projects imported from GM 1.4.

zbox

GMC Elder
It is located in your GMTemp folder under
/com.efngames.over/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.html

Ednei

It is located in your GMTemp folder under
/com.efngames.over/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.html
Problem solved.

Accepting your suggestion I entered the folder /com.efngames.over/build/outputs/lint-results-debug.html and I was able to identify the problem.

The problem was being caused by the "Keyboard" extension Beneton Software developed for GM 1.4.

I deleted the extension and finally managed to compile the project.

Thank you.

Ednei.

PS: Lock the topic please

G

Guest User

Just untick Lint Analysis in Android game preferences
Thank you so much, you are a life saver! I spent the past week trying to figure this out. I deeply appreciate what you did for me. Thank you so much friend. :)

If you or anyone else here need help with anything and if there is something I can do to help with a project, please feel free to contact me. I would be more then happy to assist you.

zbox

GMC Elder
No worries :) I know it can be frustrating when lint just throws up a whole bunch of problems seemingly for no reason.

It's actually not the best advice though - I'd thoroughly recommend checking the lint outputs first to make sure you can't resolve it manually, although it's annoying, the linter usually does have something useful to say (Incorrect API versions, references to things that don't exist, etc.)

W

WeedSavesL1ves

Thank you so much, you are a life saver! I spent the past week trying to figure this out. I deeply appreciate what you did for me. Thank you so much friend. :)

If you or anyone else here need help with anything and if there is something I can do to help with a project, please feel free to contact me. I would be more then happy to assist you.
Please can you help me with this I am having the same issue, Could I add you on discord or steam? my steam account if you want to add me: https://steamcommunity.com/id/narcot1cPanda/

I cant find this GMtemp folder anywhere.