• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED, kinda...]Adding a file to the "assets" folder on Android

Ruimm

Hi
I'm trying to implement a java SDK that reads a configuration (xml) file from the "Assets" folder that usually exists on the Android project. Where can I place this file? I've tried adding it in the "Included Files" but the file is not found.... Is there a place where I can find the default Android project that GM uses? Can I place this file somewhere within my project?

thanks

Ruimm

ok, so I found the problem.... when adding files as Included Files on the IDE they do get copied over to the "Assets" folder on Android project. My problem was that when files are copied the names are changed into lower-case letters. This was causing the library not to find it...
My solution was to go to the asset cache folder, find the Android project and copy manually the file into the Assets folder. This needs to be done overtime the cache is clean.
I'm guessing this is a bug?

Anyway... I got it sorted ;)

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Lower casing the filenames on Android is not a bug, as the file system is case dependent (which is different from Windows) - so to solve this problem all filenames are lower cased so that any references are case independent, it is intentional.

Russell

Ruimm

Lower casing the filenames on Android is not a bug, as the file system is case dependent (which is different from Windows) - so to solve this problem all filenames are lower cased so that any references are case independent, it is intentional.

Russell
I understand, thanks for clarifying ;)