• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED (kind of) Texture Groups - "Border Size" setting won't change

HNM

I'm trying to fit 2 sprites (128 x 256) on a single 256 x 256 texture page using texture groups. The default border size is set to 2 and will simply not save any other value, it always switches back to 2. I couldn't find any answers online. Is it a bug, or am I missing something?

Edit: So I uninstalled and deleted everything except my projects, reinstalled, and it seems to save the correct value if I insist a bit...

Last edited:
Dont know if it's a bug, but I get this behavior too, but only on the default group. Any created group works fine for me.

HNM

Any group I create acts the same. I also tried a different project on a different machine and the same thing happens.

Hate to revive this old thread but I had this issue and found a short term solution.
I'm going to post it here so that anyone else having this issue can 'fix' it.

!WARNING! : MAKE SURE YOU CREATE BACKUPS BEFORE DOING THIS JUST IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!

You need to find your project/solution file (with the file extension .yyp for GMS2)
You then need to open this with a Text Editor (Notepad works fine) but make sure you don't make the text editor the default for opening it
Scroll to near the bottom and you should see a section for texture groups. It's human readable for the most part (as shown in the attachment) and you can simply adjust the raw values there, save it and try opening it with GMS2.

[Discovered I can't attach an image but here's what it looks like]
Code:
"TextureGroups": [
    {"isScaled":true,"autocrop":true,"border":2,"mipsToGenerate":0,"groupParent":null,"targets":-1,"resourceVersion":"1.3","name":"Default","resourceType":"GMTextureGroup",},
    {"isScaled":true,"autocrop":true,"border":2,"mipsToGenerate":0,"groupParent":null,"targets":-1,"resourceVersion":"1.3","name":"Backdrops","resourceType":"GMTextureGroup",},
    {"isScaled":true,"autocrop":true,"border":2,"mipsToGenerate":0,"groupParent":null,"targets":-1,"resourceVersion":"1.3","name":"Fonts","resourceType":"GMTextureGroup",},
    {"isScaled":true,"autocrop":false,"border":2,"mipsToGenerate":0,"groupParent":null,"targets":-1,"resourceVersion":"1.3","name":"Main_Assets","resourceType":"GMTextureGroup",},
  ],
!AGAIN MAKE SURE YOU CREATE BACKUPS BEFORE DOING THIS JUST IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!

Last edited:

Rushad

Hey I had the same problem and got it working.

Instead of using the Up/Down arrows to change the border size, click on the number 2 and then use your keyboard to change it to another number.