• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS (SOLVED!) Just "undefined objects" left (xCode)

Hello guys,

I often wrote distress threads here for solving my troubles with compiling my project
to a iOS/iPad-Bundle (to xCode) - many problems! But I could solve almost all problems!

There are "just" 100 errors left, but with the same characteristica: "Undefined objects..." (watch the attached image).
I think these are the icons for that project. xcode cannot find - why ever...!

I am sure, these problems could be solved in one, with doing something (I still don´t know).
I try to find it out, like I found out/solved the other problems.

BUT: I would be thankful for any kind of hint. Has somebody an idea?

Thank you all for incoming help.
Archie. :bunny:

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi there,

cancel the last distress! I finally could solve all problems.
The three previous threads of mine, within this topic, are obsolete now.
I solved all problems as follows:

1. Installing GMS2 Mac IDE V. 2.3.0.529 (Runtime V. 2.3.0.401)
2. Installing Xcode V. 12.0 on my macBook Pro
3. GMS2: Target on iOS/iPad (YYC)
4. GMS2: Preferences > Runtime Feeds (Master) > "Clear Runtimes now" > Refresh (circular arrows) > save project
5. Replace template project files within Runtimes folders (GMS2) as described here:
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...-to-enable-support-for-Xcode-12-In-GMS2-2-3-0
6. GMS2: Restart GMS2, reopen project, control all preferences > Create executable = Xcode opens .xcodeproj
7. Migrate deprecated languages, enable disabled parameters etc. (easily to be fixed by doubleclick on listed advices)
! But ignore advice of exchanging deprecated OpenGLES with Metal - doing so will cause many errors (undefined objects)
8. Plug in physical iOS/iPad and RUN

It took a longer time. But finally it works...
Best wishes and have a good time. And stay healthy.
Best wishes, Archie!

Last edited: