• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] Java JDK Location

12ashbaker

I am trying to set up the android settings and Game Maker can't seem to find the location of the JDK. I couldn't even find it but I finally did with: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_161.jdk
If I hit cmd+space and paste that into the search it takes me right to the jdk file but when I put it in the game maker settings it can't find it. I am using a Mac and I downloaded the newest jdk file because that is the only one I could download.

Attachments

12ashbaker

Have you followed the setup guide here? https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001368727-Setting-Up-For-Android

The JDK it recommends is 8u131 which you can get here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...java-archive-javase8-2177648.html?printOnly=1

Also note that Android Studio installs it's own version of the JDK which should be okay to use too, but if in doubt, get the specific version mentioned above.
Yeah I was following that guide but I didn’t want to create an account to download that specific version because it makes you put in personal information like phone number and your address and at the bottom of the page it says that it sends personal information to its affiliates and to third parties. But I guess I’ll just create and account and put in a phone number and address that isn’t my own. And I read that Android Studio installs it’s own version but I couldn’t find in anywhere in the files. It’s pretty hard to find specific stuff like that in MacOS. Thanks for the response, I’ll try downloading that specific version. You might want to update that link because the link it provides goes right to the newest version.

**Edit: I downloaded that version and Game Maker still can't find the file...I tried moving the file to a different location and still no success.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Been looking at the image you provided in the first post again and I think that you may be pointing GMS to the wrong location... You don't actually point to the .jdk file, but to the ROOT FOLDER where you have installed the JDK. For example mine looks like this:

upload_2018-3-1_18-49-19.png

12ashbaker

Been looking at the image you provided in the first post again and I think that you may be pointing GMS to the wrong location... You don't actually point to the .jdk file, but to the ROOT FOLDER where you have installed the JDK. For example mine looks like this:

View attachment 16810
Well the file that I point to is a .jdk file. If am suppose to point deeper into the file then where inside the file do I point to?
**Edit: I had to point it to the Home file within the .jdk
Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 12.07.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 12.07.55 PM.png