3D [SOLVED] isometric weird question :/ !!

H

Hossein

recently I decided to create a online multiplayer strategy 2D isometric game with my team, I just want to ask can I use real 3D models in a 2D game ? and if I cant use 3D models how many sprite direction I need to have to have a standard game (I want the doing this in global standard level). the game is still passing the math algorithm for requirement actions. I never don't work 3D in game maker studio, and knowing this answer can help me save a lot of money for game graphic design, I calculate 2 years for developing the whole game with all items for 4 platforms

this is the the first code that wrote for the game and out put like this:

// in the name of the GOD
background_colour = c_white;
draw_set_colour(c_green);
draw_text(mouse_x + 16, mouse_y + 32, mouse_y);
draw_set_colour(c_blue);
c = mouse_y - mouse_x; draw_line(0, c, 1024, 1024 + c);
c2 = mouse_y + mouse_x;
draw_line(0, c2, 1024, (-1024 + c2));
draw_text(10, 10, dn);
draw_set_colour(c_black);
draw_text(mouse_x + 16, mouse_y + 16, mouse_x);
var i;
for(i = 64; i >= -64; i--;)
{
y1 = (m * x1) + (-32 * i); y2 = (m * x2) + (-32 * i);
draw_line(x1, y1, x2, y2);
draw_line(x2, y1, x1, y2);
}
isometric example.png

TheouAegis

I think you can use 2D primitives in a 3D environment, but in order for a 3D model to be used in a purely 2D environment you'd need to convert them to 2D sprites like they did with the old Super NES games like Donkey Kong Country. As for number of directions, 8 should suffice, but it depends on your game. Jungle Strike (SNES/Genesis game) had 16 or 20 directions.

H

Hossein

I think you can use 2D primitives in a 3D environment, but in order for a 3D model to be used in a purely 2D environment you'd need to convert them to 2D sprites like they did with the old Super NES games like Donkey Kong Country. As for number of directions, 8 should suffice, but it depends on your game. Jungle Strike (SNES/Genesis game) had 16 or 20 directions.
that is good :), I think it is better use a whole 2D with 16 direction, it will be a better idea but more cost for me, thank for your answer