• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[SOLVED] Is there a way to check if a PayPal payment was successful?

Momoro

Hello :)

In the game I'm creating, I want to add in-game purchases for in-game items that will help you throughout your adventure.

--But, I'm having a lot of trouble with the payment aspect of it.. I can open a link to a PayPal page, but is there a way, using GMS:2, to check if the payment went through or not?

Thank you for your time šŸ˜ƒ

IAP functions are target-dependant, so it really depends on the platform and the extension you are using. Dont use the built-in iap_*something* functions, they are deprecated.
You access all this stuff in the async event, but other than that, the functions are a bit different depending on the platform.

Momoro

IAP functions are target-dependant, so it really depends on the platform and the extension you are using. Dont use the built-in iap_*something* functions, they are deprecated.
You access all this stuff in the async event, but other than that, the functions are a bit different depending on the platform.
Could you elaborate? I'm having a hard time understanding :)

If you build a game for Steam, you use the Steam functions, if you build a game for the IOS, you use the IOS functions, etc.
The Playstation Store doesn't know or care what's happening in Google Play Store, right?

Momoro

If you build a game for Steam, you use the Steam functions, if you build a game for the IOS, you use the IOS functions, etc.
The Playstation Store doesn't know or care what's happening in Google Play Store, right?
Yes, but, what functions are you talking about? I'm missing something here, I think..

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
It varies from vendor to vendor. There is no single set of functions or procedures that applies to all of them.

If you are using YoYo's Google Play extension, you use the functions and procedures detailed on this page.

If you are using YoYo's iOS Store extension, you use the functions and procedures detailed on this page.

If you use another vendor's extension (such as those from the YoYo Marketplace), you use the functions and procedures detailed in that vendor's documentation.

Momoro

It varies from vendor to vendor. There is no single set of functions or procedures that applies to all of them.

If you are using YoYo's Google Play extension, you use the functions and procedures detailed on this page.

If you are using YoYo's iOS Store extension, you use the functions and procedures detailed on this page.

If you use another vendor's extension (such as those from the YoYo Marketplace), you use the functions and procedures detailed in that vendor's documentation.
Oh, okay! It makes sense now :) I thought that I was missing something in GMS:2, I didn't know I needed an extension! Thanks @FrostyCat !