• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS [Solved]ios yyc-build launch crash malloc_error_break in xcode...Help please

snowgames

Ever since updating to new runtime on GMS2, my game started randomly crash on the launch. It used to work fine...
I tried everything for past 3 days.... searching for the answer no luck at all. It doesn't seem like game is taking much memory from the start.

On some thread I saw that some were able to fix malloc_error_break by checking all device orientations in deployment info then unchecking the ones they don't need. This didn't work for me...

What's frustrating is the fact that it used to work fine just couple days ago before updating to newest GMS2 IDE runtime... now when I try to on previous runtime builds it fails to find build tools. So as of now stuck with the newest runtime v2.1.4.218 ios build.....Please...I really need help. The game is finished yet can't release it suddenly because of this. The test I ran was with iphone5s.. Xcode 9.3.1 mac OS High Sierra v10.13.4
Oh and the game works fine with simulators.....

Thank you so much in advance

Attachments

snowgames

So I found the reason behind this.....Just in case someone is having the same trouble. It was the music that causes the crash. For some reason, this runtime update causes more memory from the sound, sampling down I was able to reduce the crash

Last edited:

clee2005

Hi @snowgames you said you were able to reduce the crash, but it still occurs? How different is the memory usage from the previous runtime? 50% increase? 20%? Just wondering if you happened to know.