• Hey! Guest! The 40th (!!!) GMC Jam will take place between February 25th, 12:00 UTC to March 1st 12:00 UTC. Why not join in this very special anniversary jam! Click here to find out more!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code [SOLVED] Inlcuded ini files

K

KieranSherman

Hey everyone,

When my game starts up, I'm trying to read from a .ini file that's in my included files, but for some reason my game can never find it. I also have a .txt file in my included files, which is accessed later in the game with no trouble. Anybody know why this might be happening? I've triple checked all the data, making sure that when I try to read from the .ini file, a) the section exists, b) the key exists, and c) the key has some value assigned to it.

Thank you!

K

KieranSherman

Never mind, I figured it out. The problem was that I was naming the included fie "options.ini", and scrolling through the output when running the game, I noticed that GameMaker appeared to be searching for one for itself. I'm guessing that I couldn't name the file "options.ini".