• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker {SOLVED} Importing rooms from GMS1

I am importing my third project from GMS1 to GMS2 and 90% of my rooms are missing, they are all the playable levels of the game.

In GMS1.4 I had rooms called Australia1, Australia2 e.t.c all the way up to Australia15

Now in GMS2 I have Australia1 and no more :(

When I try to 'Add Existing' room from an old GMS1 file none of the room show up :(

James

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Try exporting the project (in GMS1) and (after making backups) importing it back - this should clean up any messed up or cached resources that may or may not be causing conflicts during the import to 2 - then try to import the hopefully clean version of the project into GMS2.

rIKmAN

Is there anything in the compatibility report generated when you import the project into 1.4?
It's under "Notes in the Resource Tree.

Add existing won't work as the files are a different format in 1.4 than 2.x.

Thank you for the help; I didn't realise that even though all the rooms were actually in the GMS1 folder they weren't in the actual game, so re-added them into GMS1 and then imported them into GMS2 - and all good.

It was when I was following Tsuka's instructions that I worked this out :)