• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED] Import Strip Image & Convert to Frames not working?

R

rinski

I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious, despite searching everywhere I can't figure out what I'm missing. I've used the Import Strip Image and the Convert to Frames features in the past and they've worked just fine, but recently they seem to have stopped working.

I create a new sprite, click Edit Image, go to Image > Import Strip Image, and enter in all the info about the sprite sheet, confirm the gridlines are accurate, then hit Convert, the pop-up window closes and... nothing else happens. No frames are created. I can use Image > Import Image(s) just fine, just neither of the strip creating ones.

Again, I've used these features in the past and had them work, so I'm a bit at a loss as to what I'm suddenly doing wrong. I'm running the Studio 2 beta on Windows 10. Let me know if I can provide any other info to help!

After Convert, there should be a dialogue window asking you if you want to replace existing frames.
Perhaps you've selected No there before and ticked Don't show this message again
To reset the dialogue, go to File - Preferences - Image Editor - Confirm Dialogs - Defautlt for replacing images during strip import