1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Android [SOLVED] If I buy the gms2 mobile licence, will I get the desktop licence as well?

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by PhallicSpleen, Oct 30, 2019.

1. PhallicSpleen

PhallicSpleen Member

If I buy the gms2 mobile license, will I get the desktop license as well? And if not do I just buy them separately?

EDIT: Also unless I select "Buy as Gift" it doesn't let me proceed. ( I don't know what buying as a gift does. )

Thank you for any help with this

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  2. SnortySnoopy

SnortySnoopy Member

Mobile and Desktop are 2 separate licenses, so no. If you want to have both then must buy both licenses.

3. PhallicSpleen

PhallicSpleen Member

And do I need to "buy as gift?" because all it lets me do

4. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

You don't need to buy it as a gift, and that shouldn't be the only available option. I'm unsure why you wouldn't be able to buy it normally - probably technical difficulties - but let's say, if buying it as a gift is the only option you have (which will send you a link or voucher code that can be redeemed by anyone, not only the person who purchased it), you can do that and then redeem the gift yourself. That's just about the most roundabout way of purchasing a license, but hey, it works.

5. PhallicSpleen

PhallicSpleen Member

Thank you for your help. I got it now.