Android [SOLVED]I can't build using YYC compiler for Android any more.

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Mehdi, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

I used to get easy YYC builds for android last week. But I don't seem to be able to do so right now. I've changed nothing special. But when I try to use YYC it takes too long,then RAM usage gets too high, my laptop starts crying and nothing happens.,
    Apparently something is wrong with NDK. Because i see this log in output.:

Z:\new885M_86E919EE\new885M\default\Scripts\llvm-android>start /w cmd.exe /v:eek:n /c "call ndk.bat"

Can anyone Help Please?

2. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

By the way, a command console gets also running and isnt likely to do anything or go away.

3. SnoutUp

SnoutUp Member

I think I have the same issue. After popping a command window YYC silently fails at some point, but doesn't stop the build.

4. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

SOLVED.
    In Android settings:Architecture only ARMV7 must be checked. The rest architectures apparently don't conform with YYC build. So uncheck them.

5. chirpy

chirpy Member

@Mehdi
    But you're supporting only armv7 devices that way. It is only ok if you're doing local testing.
    In my case I had to disable antivirus when I build, so the total build time becomes much shorter.

6. Mehdi

Mehdi Member

Do you mean You are able to build using YYC with all architectures?

7. chirpy

chirpy Member

Yes, I had been able to do that. For high RAM or CPU usage, have you checked that your antivirus isn't running against GMS?