• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[SOLVED]How to RestoreKeystore Preferences and KeyStore file?

H

Howard Lehr

As the note in the Preferences > Android > Keystore dialog box advises, my keystore file and the info entered. Good thing too, my hard drive bit the dust. Upon recovering my project, the Keystore dialog was empty.

So, I entered the info as it was before and created a new Keystore file, with the same filename after saving the old one with _old tacked onto the filename. So far, all seems good. The new Keystore file allowed compiles for testing, even on the target hardware (Android). Great, right? Wrong.

When I try to update the APK on the Google Play Store, they say:

"Upload Failed - You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APK's. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):
[SHA1] {2 big sets of numbers, the second one matching the SHA1 shown on the Keystore dialog}

My long-winded question is, what can one do about this? Google Play Store says I can't re-enter the APK if I delete it. It's not obvious what that actually means, but is there a way to deal with the issue on the Game Maker Studio Pro side of things?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you have the old file then you don't create a new file... If you have the old keystore file and the old password, simply fill in the details in the prefs and link to the file, but do NOT hit Generate as this will make a new file with the same information, but it will have a different hash and so Google will detect it as different.

H

Howard Lehr

Thanks very much Nocturne! That worked perfectly.

Uh, Is there a way to mark this one as "solved?"

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Just edit the topic title (like I've done for you), and I'm glad it worked for you!