• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android [SOLVED]How to remove splash screen?

Neptune

I noticed there is an option in GGS for Windows to remove the GM splash screen (Professional Edition), but I'm having trouble removing it on Android.

Any help on how to get rid of it for Android is appreciated :)

Roderick

It should be the same, except in the Android tab, IIRC.

Make sure you have the Android module in your licenses list. Sometimes, it can be a pain getting GMS to acknowledge your licenses, and if it doesn't know it's there, it might be the cause of the problem.

Neptune

Hey thanks for the reply @Roderick !
I noticed there was a "show splash screen for 0,1,2,3,etc seconds" option. I have that set to zero in the Android tab, but there is another place to remove it completely that is also in Android tab?

Sorry, maybe something is awry with my license...

Roderick

Sorry, it's been a long time since I've worked with Android, and I don't have access to GMS right now, so I'm not sure. I just know that I was able to compile to Android with no splash.

M

MaikForte

Hey thanks for the reply @Roderick !
I noticed there was a "show splash screen for 0,1,2,3,etc seconds" option. I have that set to zero in the Android tab, but there is another place to remove it completely that is also in Android tab?

Sorry, maybe something is awry with my license...
I don't think there's any other place to remove the spash screen other than setting the "Show Splash Screen" to zero. If there's a bug that makes the splash screen display even with the settings set to 0, I think uploading a solid black splash would do.

Juanla

Today, Android module continue with this problem. The best workaround is upload a 1x1 pixel black, like @MaikForte says.

Anyway I think this splash image is mandatory in Apple Store but doesn't in Android Marketplace, maybe the possibility to work without this can be made someday.