• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] How to generate apk on GM1.499999

Fabseven

Hello,
I am currently moving my project to android. I installated sdk and android prerequiste and the output Android is working fine with my Samsung A50 connected via USB.

Ok - but i cannot see a way to create an apk i could manually copy to my device and others.
How can i do this ? Is GM1.4999 able to do so ?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Unless you are the only one using the project, forget what you are doing now and grab GMS 2 first. Google Play now demands 64-bit binaries, which GMS 1.4.9999 cannot export.

Fabseven

oh man :(. I am using gm1.4 for a long time now and donot want to but v2 at the moment , maybe later.
Is it still possible de create an apk or something else for my android device ? The gaming is running well in debug mode it should be possible to create an no-debug apk no ?
If it's not compatible with google plays atm, so be it...i can still upgrage to v2 later !

rIKmAN

oh man :(. I am using gm1.4 for a long time now and donot want to but v2 at the moment , maybe later.
Is it still possible de create an apk or something else for my android device ? The gaming is running well in debug mode it should be possible to create an no-debug apk no ?
If it's not compatible with google plays atm, so be it...i can still upgrage to v2 later !
If you just want to create an .apk to run on your own device then make sure Android/Fire is selected as the target platform and then go to File > Create Application to compile and build an .apk file.
Like Frosty said though, anything built in 1.4 will not be accepted onto the store as they now require 64bit binaries and have done for a while.

Fabseven

If you just want to create an .apk to run on your own device then make sure Android/Fire is selected as the target platform and then go to File > Create Application to compile and build an .apk file.
Like Frosty said though, anything built in 1.4 will not be accepted onto the store as they now require 64bit binaries and have done for a while.
The option is not enabled :( (grayed)
1594469998515.png

also, when i run the game from gamemaker ( green play icon) the compilation is ok and the game is running fine and my android device...

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
You only get that (Test) option on Android if you haven't bought the Android export. In that case, you cannot export APKs, only run tests.

Since GMS 1.4 exports have been discontinued, your only recourses are:
  • Buy GMS 2's mobile export module and port your project to it
  • Plug your device into your development machine every time you want to play it

Fabseven

You only get that (Test) option on Android if you haven't bought the Android export. In that case, you cannot export APKs, only run tests.

Since GMS 1.4 exports have been discontinued, your only recourses are:
  • Buy GMS 2's mobile export module and port your project to it
  • Plug your device into your development machine every time you want to play it
TY for your answer, i did take a look on my account, i have std+pro gms1.4 and as you said i think i need the mobile module.
The mobile module for gm1.4 is not available any more, founded yoyo article saying you cannot buy it anymore... but founded it on another website but as answered in this topic i will not be able to have a apk working this google play.

Anyways, ty for your answer i think i will continue my project for windows and maybe if the project gives $ in will buy gms2 (still doing this project aside of my work and for fun first)