Android [SOLVED] How to detect an IAP refund?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by sman, Jan 20, 2018.

1. sman

sman Member

Hi guys,

When an in-app product is refunded by the player, how can the game be notified so that it can disable the in-app product?
    I've found iap_refunded in iap_purchase_details but I don't know how to use it: when I make a refund the In-App Purchase event is not called so I can't use that function.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. sman

sman Member

While refunding a purchase, I've tried to regularly check its status within the game. I never got status == iap_refunded.
    It's very annoying because it means that anyone can buy an in-app product, get a refund and still continue to use the product :(

SOLVED!!!
    https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...p-through-iap-async-events.41353/#post-254964

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  3. GrandFree

GrandFree Member

I am under the same situation you were, still unable to solve it though. I am using iap_activate(productList) at the start of the game too.

The iap_refunded status never gets triggered. The only events that get triggered are:

And the only status that gets triggered is iap_purchased under the iap_ev_purchase event (even though I refunded the IAP on the Google Play Console).

Any idea how to fix? Think you could post your code?

4. GrandFree

GrandFree Member

Bump! If anyone knows anything.

5. DJT

DJT Member

Why is this set as SOLVED. It simply does not work as described above.