• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM [SOLVED] How do I delete enums?

Dr_Nomz

When I was typing out an enum, apparently Game Maker decided to just save all of them to the project midway through typing? How do I get rid of them, since they technically don't exist anywhere in the code?

samspade

In GMS 2, enums only exist if they're typed somewhere. If GM hasn't updated trying cleaning the cache and restarting. I don't remember how GMS 1 treated enums but its probably similar given what the manual says.

H

Homunculus

This happened to me a few times, not only with enums but global variables too. Usually reopening the program solves the issue.

GMWolf

aka fel666
What all happens EXACTLY if I clear the cache? What will get deleted?
When compiling your project, GMS2 will store some of the work it did in the cache.
That way, next time you compile, it doesn't have as much work to do and can get the data it needs from the cache instead of compiling everything from scratch.
However, sometimes, you will change something in code, but rather than compiling the change, GMS will used the cache version (who knows why? Hash collisions maybe?).
Clearing the cache will make sure that GMs compiles everything from scratch the next time you hit run.

However, it just sounds to me like the editor thinks the enum still exists.
In which case restarting GMS should solve the issue.

Dr_Nomz

LOL Wolf was right, I just needed to close game maker and start it up again. xD The old Enums are gone now, thanks! EDIT: Catan said it too. :v

Kinda annoying though, since my whole setup of what was open in the folders is reset, but whatever...