Solved Help with understanding error type

Hello, everyone, I've actually upgraded to GMS 2.3.1 and for the most part, everything is working well. But, when I imported a project I was working on in 2.2, it was working well, but, since importing it into GMS 2.3.1, some aspects of the game don't work like they should. For instance, the player character has hitboxes that don't work anymore and the error I get, is when the player tries to pick up an item. This happens when I test the game in YYC. When I test it in VM, it works. Since I don't want to give a long list of code, I'll just share the error it shows:

Since this doesn't show a particular error, I don't know what to look for. It just shows "Variable Get 100024 (100227, -2147483648)"

GML:
############################################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of  Step Event0
for object oParPlayer:

Variable Get 100024 (100227, -2147483648)############################################################################################
gml_Object_oParPlayer_Step_0 (line 420)
gml_Object_oPlayer1_Step_0 (line 3)

Is this Drag and Drop? What's the first action in the Step Event for oParPlayer?
It's GML. Also, I didn't write the code. This is from an asset I purchased, so, I don't know how it's supposed to work or the logic. I just know that it did. It's not my style of coding, so I don't don't what is going on. I'll post where the error says it leads.

oParPlayer_Step_0 (line 420)

GML:
#region pick and/or replace          
        if image_index = 2            // At the right frame start picking
        {
            if weapon != "" and myItem.weaponName != ""                                      
                instance_create_depth(x,y,depth-1, asset_get_index("oItem" + weapon))      
            // Now pick the new item
            if myItem.weaponName != ""                              
            {
                weapon = myItem.weaponName;                          
                weaponType = myItem.type;                          
                weaponId = myItem;                                  
                damage = myItem.damage;                              
                wResistance = myItem.resistance;                  
            }
            with(myItem) {                                         
                instance_destroy();  // line 420
            }
        }
        #endregion
Where "myItem" first occurs in the Step event

GML:
#region Pick                          
else if place_meeting(x, y, oParItem)  
and canGrab
{
    myItem = instance_place(x,y,oParItem);
    myItem.owner = id;
    if myItem.onGround                  
    {
        hitCounter = 0;                  
        image_index = 0;
        state = PICK;
        canHit = false;                  
        canGrab = false;
        vx = 0;
        vy = 0;
    }
}
#endregion

Last edited:
Update: When I comment the

GML:
with(myItem) {                                     
    instance_destroy();
}
It works like it should, but the item of course just stays on the ground and is not destroyed. For some reason, the instance_destroy() seems to be what's giving the error.

I think it's been solved. I changed the lines with the instance_destroy(); code to just instance_destroy(myItem); and it seems to be working.

Other things like the hitboxes not working are still happening, but I think it's due to code structure from the new update. I'll just look around to see what's going on.