[Solved] Help with Networking demo

M

MattEntoo

Hi all, trying to use a yoyo created LAN networking demo from this blog: https://www.yoyogames.com/blog/446/introduction-to-networking-in-gamemaker-studio-2

Problem I'm having
Initially I tried to integrate the networking features into my own project but when that didn't work, I attempted to just get the demo working by itself. I suspect that it has something to do with my router/firewall getting in the way but I've taken the steps I can think of to no success. I've made sure to port forward the relevant ports on the router and temporarily disabled the firewall to test this out. The first test was on two Windows 10 computers on the same network and the second test on two similar but different computers.

Any recommendations or help on what steps to try next is appreciated!

Note: Using gamemaker version: 2.1.5.322

samspade

I don't really know the answer to your question. However, since you got no answers at all and are bumping this, I will answer with the closest thing I can.

Since his stuff is current, it might be more helpful. He has some live stream networking videos in his history as well. The more support he gets, the more likely he is to continue working on it.

M

MattEntoo

I don't really know the answer to your question. However, since you got no answers at all and are bumping this, I will answer with the closest thing I can.
Thanks for the help! I'll definitely check this out until I get a more direct answer (cross my fingers).

M

MattEntoo

Just in case anyone has this same problem: yoyo support got back to me on the issue.

This is fixed in the current Beta Channel release, so you can either wait until the next release or (if your account is eligible) you have the choice to opt-in to the Beta programme and get the fix sooner.

If you're interested in participating in the beta release, please see this FAQ on the Beta Channel system: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018353352

I am confident this issue is fixed in that new version, so I will go ahead and solve the ticket just now