1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows [SOLVED] Help, room wont let me place wall wherever I want!

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Kaijyuu, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu Member

Hello, I've been working with gamemaker studio 2 for 12 days now, got my character moving really good, good sprites and animations but now thatI want to make a room for test this problem appears, there are specific places I cant place my 32x32 pixel walls, I have my first proyect and I dont have this problem, I'll leave a screenshot, BTW I havent code anything to the room yet so the problem lays not there. Maybe out of my noobness I touched an option to set this, but I cant find how to revert it. If someone knows whats wrong pls help!

upload_2019-9-12_1-3-39.png
    As you can see, there is no way the room will let my place my wall between those lines of walls, in fact I can only have traight vertical lines everything else has this gaps!

I also want to say I'm not sure I should post this here, if not please delete it and tell me where I should post it!

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Looks like you might need to open the wall sprite and change the sprite origin to (for example) top left so that it gets placed into the grid correctly.
    It appears like it might be placed in the centre of the sprite at the moment.

Kaijyuu likes this.
  3. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu Member

Woa this fixed it! I thought walls and stuff like that had to have the origin in the center! Thanks a lot! Is there any reason why it has to be top left or in a corner?