• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[SOLVED] Having Some Trouble With room_goto

C

Caniss Altari

I've been making an RPG with an encounter system similar to Earthbound's (i.e. enemies appear in the overworld and will start battles with you if they touch you) and I've been trying to get it to take you to the screen where the battles take place for, but the room_goto function hasn't been working. Here's my code:

Collision event with player

script_execute(start_battle);
room_goto(rom_battlescreen);
instance_destroy();

My enemy object is still destroying itself as planned, it just isn't taking you to the battle screen.

Do u have a while loop that may be stopping it from loading the room? Or a code that checks to change room back that could be triggering?

C

Caniss Altari

Do u have a while loop that may be stopping it from loading the room? Or a code that checks to change room back that could be triggering?
Not right now, no. I have no while loops right now nor do I have any other room change code that could be interfering with the room_goto function.