• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM [SOLVED] Graphical glitch with Intel GPUs?

wltr3565

This problem occurs when playing the game with a integrated Intel GPU especially in the likes of laptops that has dual GPUs.
upload_2017-9-15_10-45-54.png

When playing the game, it became glitfchy like this:
upload_2017-9-15_10-48-45.png
It is unclear if this is just the Intel GPU being upset or is there anything wrong with the loading process. Is there any way to make the game not glitched like this other than having the user change their GPU to an appropriate one?

Thanks in advance.

Mick

What is your texture page size? Maybe it's too big for the GPU? You could also try changing the vertex buffer method to most compatible or enabling create texture pages on demand. All these settings can be found under Global game settings / Windows / Graphics.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I suspect display drivers myself.... check they are up to date.

We had a lot of problems with DX9 drivers from Intel in the past on GMS1 - hopefully DX11 will be better.

Russell

wltr3565

Tested the game with lowest Texture size possible... doesn't work. Most Compatible setting does the same result as well: nothing.

We did update the driver and... the result is interesting. The glitch still exists, as seen as in this video.
But the symptom do get eliminated after another graphic load. Even so, we want to minimize the need for our user to tinker their PC even if it's just updating their Intel GPU as much as possible.

If there's no way around this to make this glitch not happen for even a frame, is there any way to have the game force to use the user's other GPU other than their Intel Integrated Graphics, regardless of their settings? Or is there any loading techniques that can entirely eliminate this glitch? I mean, this glitch occurs even when only the option screen is accessed.

FredFredrickson

Artist, designer, & developer
GMC Elder
I don't know about other Windows versions, but in Windows 10, you can set GPU affinity on systems that use multiple GPU's... but that's something that the user has to do, on a per-app basis.